Enhance Your Personal Brand with Print Finishing
The way you present yourself to the world, the values you hold, the way you live your life and the legacy you hope to leave behind are all a part of your personal brand.
Your personal brand sets you apart from others — it’s as unique to you as your DNA. As you’re networking, interviewing and attending industry events, having a strong personal brand makes sure you’re leaving a distinct impression.
Make Yourself Memorable
One of the ways to create a strong personal brand is to consider what makes you unique.
- Do you love the outdoors?
- Are you a fashionista?
- Do you love food and cooking?
- Are you an avid environmentalist?
- Are you a marathon runner?
Your hobbies and interests may seem separate from your chosen career but bringing them together can create a blend of talents, interests and experience that is distinctive.
Often, employers will look for aptitudes and skills that go beyond the day-to-day tasks that make up the job they’re trying to fill. By presenting yourself as a well-rounded person, including skills developed while exploring your hobbies, you can share what could make you a valuable part of the team.
Once you’ve determined what makes up your personal brand, think about how that brand can be showcased in your business cards, resume, personal or professional website.
Think of the impression you could make walking into an interview, networking event or industry conference with branded print materials that you can leave with prospective employers or contacts!
Several items can benefit from personal branding:
- Business Cards
- Social Media
Create a Look as Distinctive as You Are
Print finishing embellishments can help you create a personal brand that is unique to you. Aside from a logo and basic branding elements, you can use embellishments like embossing, varnishes, foil stamping, or even laser cutting to create materials that reflect your personal brand.
- If you’re a fashionista who works in IT, consider a slick, metallic coated business card in bright, eye-catching pink.
- If you’re an outdoorsman that works in accounting, consider a portfolio cover in embossed leather or laser branded wood.
- If you’re a chef dedicated to protecting the environment, consider printing sample menus on 100% recycled card stock with soy-based, biodegradable inks.
The Options Are Endless
No matter what industry you’re in or how wide-ranging your interests, there are print finishing embellishments that can help you showcase your unique personal brand.
There are a variety of print finishing embellishments available:
- Varnishes and UV Coatings in glossy, matte and satin finishes
- Embossing or Debossing (commonly known as letterpress)
- Foil Stamping
- Die Cutting
- Laser Cutting or Etching
- Coatings, such as metallic, pearlescent, sandpaper and more!
These embellishments can be used alone or combined for a distinctive look and feel. They can also be used on materials such as paper, card stock, plastic, vinyl, leather, wood and metal. You can create textures, patterns and shapes with print finishing. The options really are endless.
If you’re interested in learning more about how print finishing can help you develop your personal brand, you can contact us to learn more or request a free sample book to see the many options available for yourself.